Boulder Movement - CBD's First Climbing Facility

Recently, I was introduced to a new sport (for me at least, but not for the rest of Singapore's bouldering/climbing community!) and I pretty much fell in love with it!

I was never a fan of static sports as I'm used to lots of movement when I play volleyball and tennis; and I'm actually so surprised that my first time on a boulder wall at Boulder Movement turned out to be so much fun!



So what is bouldering exactly? Bouldering is a form of climbing, where the climbs are shorter which means you don’t have to worry about using ropes and safety equipment; instead there's a big mattress to catch you should you fall. All you need to start is a pair of climbing shoes and you are on your way to a great workout!



I look like a frog sprawled on the rocks here haha! Bouldering gives you a full body workout using the only weight you need, body weight. It is a high intensity workout, helping you burn more calories in a shorter amount of time.

I also learnt that the bouldering/climbing shoes have to be worn tight, with toes slightly scrunched up! Head over to my Dayre post HERE to check out videos of my climbs! 



Bouldering not only engages your body, but also your mind as you figure out your own path to navigate the holds to the top! For some it has even become a lifestyle, bringing them to exotic locations such as the Forest of Fontainebleau, the wild and untamed Rocklands of South Africa and the Wild West of Hueco Tanks Texas just to name a few.

For beginners like me, the climbs at Boulder Movement are actually not as challenging as it may seem! The rocks are colour coded and numbered for difficulty. I started from the bottom and I love how it's actually possible to finish the climb, yet challenging enough to keep your mind and muscles engaged throughout the whole climb and gives you that satisfaction and sense of achievement when you reach the top!



So, where should you go about bouldering in Singapore? You'll have to check out Boulder Movement, located in the CBD area reachable in just 5 minutes from Tanjong Pagar MRT!

They have a 30m wide climbing wall/ Xsquare metres of climbing surface for unlimited movement possibilities, and they also have a fitness corner to achieve a truly complete workout! They provide a free introduction session upon purchase of entry (safety aspects, bouldering basics, basic etiquette), and even have climbing classes tailored for first timers and those looking to up their game.



They also provide hybrid classes such as HIIT for climbing to put a twist to familiar programs! Lastly, they have really pretty and clean showers so you look great always, free WIFI so you are always connected,  charging stations so your devices stay recharged while you recharge, and retail shop for your bouldering needs! ALL IN ONE I WOULD SAY!

Check our their pricing HERE. Drop by Boulder Movement for a fun time today!


xoxo, kaitinghearts

No comments